The following guide will show you how to get a Google Drive API Client ID and Client Secret.
- Open Google APIs Console site: https://console.developers.google.com and login with your Google account.
- Click “Library” on the left column, then click on “Select a project” at the top.
- On the next screen, click
+to create a new project.
Note: It is probably better to create a separate project for each app you plan to use (e.g. Rclone, Plexdrive, etc).
- Name the project (e.g. Rclone). Choose “Yes” to agree. Click “Create”.
- Click “Select a project” at the top and now select the project you just made.
- Popular APIs screen will show up. Click “Drive API”.
- On following screen, click “ENABLE” to enable Google Drive API.
- Now click “Credentials” in the left column, then “OAuth consent screen” near the top.
- On this screen, type in the Product Name (e.g. Rclone), and click “Save”.
- Click on “Create credentials”.
- Select “OAuth Client ID” in the drop down list.
- For “Application Type”, select “Other”, type in any name, and click “Create”.
- You will now be presented with the “client ID” and “client secret”.